Unison Programs Coordinator
Unison Learning Center, Inc.
The Programs Coordinator will work collaboratively with Unison’s Board volunteer committees to design, organize, and publicize programs, and to manage operations in support of programs.
The position will begin as part-time, 16-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule (requiring a some hours to be evenings and weekends). $20 per hour.
Unison has scaled back programming for June-August 2017 as the new advisory board and committees work on transforming the organization’s mission and strategic plan. For more information, visit our announcement website. The Programs Coordinator’s role will therefore expand gradually, and evolve according to the expansion and direction of the organization. The programs coordinator will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the organization, in a collaborative manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
Position will focus on priority areas of responsibility described below according to the needs of the growing organization.
Primary Focus Summer 2017:
- Program Scheduling Point of Contact: Outreach to presenters, instructors, special events rentals, and volunteers. Update calendar and website events page regularly. Respond to email inquiries and return phone messages in a timely manner.
- Organize and Publicize Programs: Support the work of the Programs Committee to coordinate communications, logistics, and resources for events and rentals. Produce and circulate publicity material such as ad placement, press releases, radio spots, and other media vehicles.
- Technology & Data Support: With committee support, coordinate smooth operation of all technology platforms: wordpress website, facebook, membership database, and financial management tools. Ensure required data is collected for membership, finances, and audience participation. Produce content and manage interface with varied platforms.
- Coordinate Constituent Communications: Manage new contacts database, send email blasts, and coordinate giving appeal letter mailings and related acknowledgements.
- Support Fundraising Activities: Assist with giving campaigns, grant applications, sponsorship outreach, and other tasks as time allows.
- Volunteer Coordination: With committee support, identify volunteers and support their engagement in various aspects of supporting Unison’s renewal and growth.
Tasks to be added with more hours to position in fall 2017:
- Foster Interorganizational Partnerships: Work with the Advisory Board to create synergies with local and regional community assets in support of the Unison vision of an integrated model of community development.
- Financial Record Keeping: Work with Treasurer and Bookkeeper to prepare cash receipts for deposit, make disbursements, and record transactions in Quickbooks. Create reports for board and committee meetings. Oversee spending per budget.
- Facility Coordination: Support the work of the Programs Committee by fulfilling facility and resource requirements in accordance with program schedule. Open and close facility for both special events and regular hours of operation. Work with Facilities Committee to address interior building and equipment maintenance needs. Provide for custodial needs.
- Strong identification with Unison’s Vision for programs and culture of engagement (provided separately).
- Friendly and highly responsive customer service to ensure all public and committee interactions generate goodwill, excitement, and working momentum.
- Abilities and ethics conducive to working autonomously.
- Highly collaborative work methods leveraged by abundant use of technology.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and mission to transform and build Unison’s role as a community asset.
- Gifted relationship management to nurture strong ties among collaborators.
- Work at a fast pace to help launch programs immediately.
- Demonstrated skill sets in areas of writing, problem-solving, project-management, interpersonal engagement, and prioritization.
- Proficiency with office technologies and various Google platforms (docs, calendars, spreadsheets, etc) and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel). Quickbooks as well as graphic and web design skills on a Mac platform are a plus.
- Knowledge of creative and impactful methods of publicizing programs using multiple media outlets.
- Background in one or more of the following: the Arts, Education, Holistic Health, Sustainable Communities, or other community-oriented work.
Submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and cover letter.
- A representative work sample from one of the 4 areas of the qualification list above (as an attachment, or described with a safe link in your cover letter)
- Complete contact information for 3 professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated hiring in June-July 2017.